Are you feeling stuck in a rut? Life isn’t moving forward in the way you would like? Or, do you simply feel overwhelmed and discouraged? If so, pay attention to what you’re telling yourself.
Here are some common phrases we use when we’re feeling gloomy and disheartened:
- I don’t know what to do.
- Nothing works.”
- I feel stuck.
- Other people have this worked out, but not me.
- I’m just unlucky.
- What am I doing wrong?
Do any of the above feel familiar?
Edward de Bono, a leading authority on creativity thinking, wrote, “Sometimes the situation is only a problem because it is looked at in a certain way. Looked at in another way, the right course of action may be so obvious that the problem no longer exists.”
I believe that intuition provides us with wise guidance that moves us in the direction of success and happiness. Where are those darn intuitive ideas when you need them most? I suggest you try changing your self-talk!
Here are some suggestions:
- How else could I look at this issue?
- What’s the outcome I want and what steps could I take to move in that direction?
- I wonder what other possibilities might exist?
- What would a lucky person do?
- If I were to take one small action step towards something fun and creative, what might that be?
- I am open to new possibilities. Let me see what emerges…
Are there any phrases that particularly appealed to you? Try saying one of them to yourself for the day.
My prediction? You’ll feel better and will be moving ahead in no time!